Wednesday 23 September 2009

The black and White Desert

One more set of very overdue photographs. These were taken earlier in the year and marked my return to the desert since my trip to Siwa in 2005. Consisting of two main deserts, the white and black, these first photos illustrate the first hour of our journey in the Black desert as we left the oasis town of Bahirriya and headed off the beaten track. Arranged by the lovely K, mentioned in the previous post, this trip allowed me to fully use the three memory cards and two batteries I had brought along. If you have the time and it is not too hot I highly recommend this trip. Our guide was excellent and the food he cooked on the two day excursion was perfect, hot and filling. I can't wait to go back!

There you used to be a town in that view.


These hills remain jagged and hard to climb despite centuries of erosion by the desert.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: