Thursday 24 September 2009

Jordan cont ... Amman

Even though the distances of Jordan pale in comparison to the miles we were to cover in Egypt, we decided to stay the night in Amman before our return south. Though there is very little to do in Jordan's capital, it was worth the visit. Nestled in a small valley the city exudes an energy that gives it a noticeable charm as we wandered around taking in the new and the old. At this point in the journey I was taken by a need to capture people in their everyday life. Not always subtle, my best photos captured people when they were unaware of me and spared me the indecision of taking a photo when they were looking


Our walk that morning took in many little shops among which my favourite was the spice shops and its exotic wares.

One of the largest most chaotic markets I have ever seen crowded into narrow spaces vibrant with colour and the bustle of people going about their day.

The final Roman temple of this leg of the journey overlooks Amman from the hilltops from where the occupyingv Roman army controlled the area.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: